Monday, August 23, 2010

One Weekend, Two Shots (Aug 21 & 22)

Do you know how hard it is to capture a moving go cart on film?  Well, I do!  We visited Speed Zone on Friday night and had such a good time.  Mostly, I played.  However, I did try to get a few photos for Elena to take home. It was very difficult to get good pictures when everyone was actually racing - in fact I only got one that wasn't a blur of motion.  So, here's a shot of the trash talk that occurred before each race started.  You know how that goes. "You're going down! etc... " Paul kept nudging Ash before the go signal was released. She got annoyed. eventually.


We also visited the amazing Gaylord Texan Resort for a fabulous lunch on the river walk. The hotel was a set up like Alice in Wonderland and the garden was even more spectacular. These are metal flowers bursting with color and quite artistic centers that I had to show you two shots to give you the full picture. They were huge too!




I've got a few more adventures with Elena to share. I'll do that later in the week, as they aren't great weekend photography.  And then it's back to normal, routine life at the Hakes home.

2 comments:

Momentsinpics said...

Awesome pictures Kathi! I love those metal flowers, pretty cool.

Serene said...

I can't believe I didn't leave a comment on this yet. I've visited this blog a bunch of times and thought I'd left you some love. Sorry!

I know all too well how hard it is to catch a good pic of go-carters. Logan did some go-carting while we were in TN last month and out of a few dozen shots, only a couple of them are good. Those flowers are amazing. What work and to be made out of metal, too? Very cool!